Will Hanwell be opening it's doors

…by Halloween this year? Truly cannot wait!

Greetings Master Cordes. Been a while! Hope all is well with you and yours.

I’ve been collecting a lot of S.T. Joshi’s Chtulhu collections of stories by other authors, and must say most are very good! I’m quite enjoying them.

Just saw The Blackcoat’s Daughter on Saturday night (Called ‘February’ outside of U.S.)…most unnervingly breathless horror movie I’ve seen in a long while. Anthony Perkin’s son was a much needed writer/director in the horror genre for slow burn dread. I highly recommend you see it if you haven’t already. Had a really stellar Lovecraftian vibe…like seeing a movie influenced by the old Infocom text adventure The Lurking Horror.

Well, have a great October and Halloween, Sir! Hope to hear from you soon.

Deepest regards,

Shimonhead

Not this October, I’m afraid, but we’re progressing fast these days thanks to a new programmer in the team. In fact, we expect to have a fully playable version of the game later this year (with mockup sequences, but still fully playable). As soon as we reach that point, we’re going to confirm a release date.

So… not soon as in soon, but we’re getting there faster than ever! Here’s a couple of new things we’ve been working on – we have refreshed the look and feel of the game in general:

Sorry again it’s taking so long, but I promise Asylum is looking really, really good. It will be more than worth the wait!

Taking note of The Blackcoat’s Daughter, thank you for the recommendation :smiley:

Feedback about the new art style

Oh, I love the new ‘look and feel’ direction you’re going in! Has a much more hopeless, cobwebby depressing and old aesthetic, and the red 60’s fonts really bring that home! This is totally worth the extra time it will take to do.

It is looking incredibly creepy and sad! Exactly what an old Kirkbride should be!

You will greatly enjoy Blackcoat’s Daughter! Here are a few recommendations, if I may…watch it closer to Halloween, and in a dark room with a small candle or two, on as big a screen as you can manage! No disturbances or interruptions! You only get one chance to see it the first time…it is an experience to be savored. It’s one of those rare films I wish I could erase from my memory to relive the creepiness you feel the first time you see it.

His other film “I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House” is supposed to be also very haunting…I plan to see it this weekend.

Stay spooky!

Shimonhead