Where to buy Scratches?

Hey there!

I just heard about Scratches from a thread on the Frictional Games forum (Penumbra/Amnesia) and according to the wikipedia page there was a Linux port. Is this still underway, or has it been completed and if so where do I buy it?

[quote="“Rogue”"]Hey there!

I just heard about Scratches from a thread on the Frictional Games forum (Penumbra/Amnesia) and according to the wikipedia page there was a Linux port. Is this still underway, or has it been completed and if so where do I buy it?[/quote]

I haven’t heard about that Linux port.
Anyway, it’s been a while I haven’t seen it in a store here so I guess you need to get it online.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000KMCF0G/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1286965074&sr=1-1&condition=new]http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new[/url]

You may want to hold on as there’s a re-release coming up, updated to work perfectly fine with Windows 7 and including a nice surprise! :wink:

:o

This is just great, can’t wait to see that :slight_smile:

That might be what I’m waiting for…thanks for the heads up.

:o :o :o

Great news! Consider it bought.
I have a slight suspicion about what the surprise might be :wink:
Will it be possible to create a multi-lingual version? Because I would really like having the german AND the english version without the need to buy it two times.

Thanks!

We have actually studied the possibility of releasing a multilingual version. So far it hasn’t got beyond that point, but it may happen someday! :wink:

Agustín, there just came a slogan for your company into my mind:

Senscape Interactive
Your dreams might come true.

(of course also include some horrible shadow/face/omen somewhere, to point out, that it not always have to be the good dreams :smiley: )

[quote="“zak”"]Senscape Interactive
Your dreams might come true.[/quote]
Nice! Me likes it :nod:

I had another slogan in mind though, rather more conclusive:

WE DON’T HYPE - WE DELIVER :x

[quote="“Agustín”"]I had another slogan in mind though, rather more conclusive:

WE DON’T HYPE - WE DELIVER :x[/quote]

Thanks. I like yours, too. It’s more direct.
And mine of course only really works on the suspense/horror genre.

You know, slogans are nice and all, but instead of playing around, why not just go straight for the throat so people understand just exactly what they are getting when they order that copy of “Asylum” or “Scratches”? For instance…

Senscape Interactive: Buy our games, or we will cram sharp sticks up your nether-regions.” (feel free to substitute anything else uncomfortable for ‘sharp sticks’; ie: ‘large rocks’, ‘lit firecrackers’, ‘Jorge Videla’, etc…)

or:

Senscape Interactive: For those times when you absolutely, positively have to soil your underpants.” (colourful metaphors or expletives can be added based on target market for ad slogan)

or maybe, one day:

Senscape Interactive: We made Stephen King retire.” (alternately, pick any other horror/suspense writer who has recently retired or died and customize it: “We killed Bentley Little,” etc…)

or, on the multilingual front:

Senscape Interactive: ‘Fear’ in 42 different languages.” (subtle Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference ensures legions of Douglas Adams fans will be subliminally attracted to spend money without really knowing why)

or take a page from fellow developer John Romero:

Senscape Interactive: We’re about to make you our b*tch.” (for amusement/educational purposes only, obviously) :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

Woa, easy with the Stephen King-pranks here… Many of his stories are brilliant.

Woa, easy with the Stephen King-pranks here… Many of his stories are brilliant.[/quote]
Of course they are. But the man has “retired” from writing so many times over the years it isn’t funny. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

Well, his health hasn’t been that great after he got run over by a car in 1999, so he’s probably been feeling “on and off”.

Asylum definitely looks like it could be marketed as a constipation aid… :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! I can’t wait!! :smiley:

Will Scratches for the Mac ever make it?

Tough to say at this point. The code is too old… but I might look into it someday.

You could always play Scratches on a virtual Windows installation :slight_smile:

Remember that Scratches is being republished by Meridian 4 and coming up real soon! You can expect it on Big Fish and other big portals :wink: