When oh when is Asylum coming out?

Hi Agustin !

We expect to upload a fresh new build to Steam this month :)

Oh no, the month is over :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope Asylum goes not the same way like the Boakes Stuff…First there was the lost crown (great game!!), then, years after, “the last crown” and the part two of it was outcryed so much :smiley:
And what was out ? Nothing, only blah,“Halloween Hunting”,blah, no “halloween hunting”, blah, because now it should be called “Blackenrock”,then soon avalaible for 5 Dollars, now no more soon and…blah,blah

I wait for Asylum and i hope the year 2014 is the “ASYLUM” year and it will be released :slight_smile:

Who is Boakes :)) :)) :))

Greetinx from germany

Yes, we hope too, and rest assured that we’re making lots of progress every week. We just don’t want to show much for now, although we’re planning to release new screenshots and videos :slight_smile:

I’ve figured it out…the game all revolves around waiting for the game to be finished. It’s called Asylum because by the time its finished we’ll all have gone crazy waiting.

[quote=“Agustín, post:22, topic:670”]Yes, we hope too, and rest assured that we’re making lots of progress every week. We just don’t want to show much for now, although we’re planning to release new screenshots and videos :)[/quote]I hope we could get the game this summer

The summer is a prefect time for some insanity.

You know what summer means in Argentina? We would get the game by the end of the year, everything is a question of the perspective. :nod:

As long as it it is THIS summer, I don’t care :slight_smile: (but tomorrow would be OK too :slight_smile: )

[quote=“lewanni, post:21, topic:670”]Hi Agustin !

Oh no, the month is over :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope Asylum goes not the same way like the Boakes Stuff…First there was the lost crown (great game!!), then, years after, “the last crown” and the part two of it was outcryed so much :smiley:
And what was out ? Nothing, only blah,“Halloween Hunting”,blah, no “halloween hunting”, blah, because now it should be called “Blackenrock”,then soon avalaible for 5 Dollars, now no more soon and…blah,blah

I wait for Asylum and i hope the year 2014 is the “ASYLUM” year and it will be released :slight_smile:

Who is Boakes :)) :)) :))

Greetinx from germany[/quote]

Actually Jonathan Boakes apologized for the delay on Twitter to his Fans.
His “stuff” is definitly worth waiting for … same as Asylum.

It would probably be a good idea if Jonathan and Augustín would think about to team up for a future project :slight_smile:

Greetings from Germany,

Jester

PS:
It’s always a bad attitude to flame people in favour of others.

The telephone rings in blackwood manor…

The telephone rings in blackwood manor…[/quote]

Does no one answer the phone?

Maybe the butler is on vacation :wink:

Take all the time you need. Although I can only speak for myself, I don’t necessarily need any teasers or screenshots. Just the game, when you think it’s ready.

I loved Scratches, though it had it’s flaws. But the atmosphere! Especially the first two days, when you still think you’re alone in that victorian manor, grandfather clock slowly ticking, looking for candles, no electricity, rain falling down, and many secrets of the house to explore.

It actually kind of ignited my interest for urban exploration.

Welcome! Always glad to hear from fans of Scratches :slight_smile:

Funny that you mention it, Asylum has been attracting loads of actual urban explorers. They’re just happy to wander around the virtual asylum, even disregarding the plot. In fact, this is making me consider a future add-on of sorts that turns the game into a completely different experience: 100% exploration with additional quests.

When/if it gets handheld support it’ll be fantastic for true interactive virtual tours, this is one route I want to pursue at some point. :smiley:

Seems like an awesome idea, I have done some exploring around an actual asylum before and while it was an amazing experience that I will never forget, you could feel what went on there and left scarred.

[quote=“Agustín, post:32, topic:670”]Welcome! Always glad to hear from fans of Scratches :slight_smile:

Funny that you mention it, Asylum has been attracting loads of actual urban explorers. They’re just happy to wander around the virtual asylum, even disregarding the plot. In fact, this is making me consider a future add-on of sorts that turns the game into a completely different experience: 100% exploration with additional quests.[/quote]
How about making it a 3rd person game like silent hill or resident evil haha

Asylum, potentially the first Point&Click Adventure with DLC(s).
Revolutionary or Activision-like (of course I hope for the first thing)?

[quote=“Primal Fear, post:36, topic:670”]Asylum, potentially the first Point&Click Adventure with DLC(s).
Revolutionary or Activision-like (of course I hope for the first thing)?[/quote]
To be honest, I do not like DLCs. I mean the developer can develop another game rather produce DLCs.

DLC isn’t the right term, really. We prefer to call it an expansion. Similarly to The Last Visit in Scratches (which was well received) Memories would bring brand new and optional content to Asylum. If you decide not to play Memories, it would no way detract from the original experience. And you have my word, non-Activision-like, on that :slight_smile:

Woo! That’s great! Definitely gonna buy more copies to support this kind of game 8)

I loved Scratches, though it had it's flaws. But the atmosphere! Especially the first two days, when you still think you're alone in that victorian manor, grandfather clock slowly ticking, looking for candles, no electricity, rain falling down, and many secrets of the house to explore.

It actually kind of ignited my interest for urban exploration.

I quite agree…the growing frantic quality of the first day that just gets worse and worse, surviving the night, then the cozy timeless quality of the second day that I would actually WANT to experience, as opposed to, say, the most recent Dark Fall, which was rather caustic. The staging of the plot was as effective as that of a good book or movie.

One of the things I especially liked about Scratches was the feeling of time passing: progression of the grandfather clock, the cycle of the days (and nights), the changing weather.
(that may contradict the first line about timeless feeling but what I mean is that rain-outside nothing to do indoors but idle living in the moment feeling, which in this case is following your curiosity. No job, kids, chores, homework, or news about the latest bombing. sigh.)
It’s one of the ‘requirements’ I put in my list of traits-for-a-good-game; gives it life and makes it dynamic without having to go 3D. I’ve never encountered a 3D that didn’t kill the vibe.

My only general complaint was that the nights looked just like the days except for some kind of variation in the lighting, although I understand that resources and time were limited. Maybe next time!