THEM (playable teaser)

Hello senscape forum!

I know I’m a new user (though long-time lurker) and it might not be nice to spam like this, but I’d really like you guys to try this out.

For the past week I’ve been working in a trance-like state on an old-school psychological horror adventure game teaser-thing. Heavily inspired by Scratches, which is why I post it here. This is the first time I’ve made a game like this, though I’ve made some arcade games in the past I’m actually a musician. I clearly have no idea what I’m doing yet. Doing this thing has really given me a whole new level of admiration towards Agustin for pulling scratches of (and doing it again and bigger and better!)

I was going to have it a lot longer and intricate then it is now. Expect the length of about the original scratches trailer. That very first one.

http://wizardsoftopaz.com/ (click here and wait, loading takes a while, ignore the wot-logo!)

I’m going to do this again soon, now that I’ve learned oh-so much. It was a really rewarding creative experience. I’ll probably use the dagon engine as Macromedia Flash MX 2004 surely is passed it’s prime now?

Whoa, this is very cool! Totally fine to spam the forum with stuff like this :smiley:

I’ll play the whole thing later, but loved the style. Indeed, you might want to use the Dagon engine – great timing with renewed progress by @bd339 and a larger community now :slight_smile:

BTW I fixed the title of your post with a more attractive suggestion!

Thanks Agustin! It means a lot that you’re trying it out. I’ll be curious to read what you think of the ending.

Good thinking on that post-title, this makes a lot more sense. I’m a bit all over the place with stuff like that.

I agree with Agustín, thanks for sharing @wot. It was an enjoyable way to start off my day :slight_smile:
Just know that we would be thrilled to have more Dagon games out there, and these days it might be easier to get going than a couple of months back - because of, as Agustín said, renewed interest in the engine.