Some trouble with Scratches

Hello all! I am new to the forums but I am also having some trouble with Scratches. I want to do a stream of Scratches to see if I can help some people get a good idea for what they would expect for Asylum HOWEVER, I am having trouble getting the game to go from full screen mode to windowed mode. Is there any way to do this? I already tried CTR + Enter and everything and I even went into the properties and added the -windowed at the end of the target.
Thank you guys for reading this and I hope there is a simple solution to this.

Oh! I also forgot, I am using the GoG.com version, not the Steam version so I hope that does not make a big difference.

Hey! Would be great if you can do that playthrough of Scratches :slight_smile:

Try editing SCREAM.CFG and set FULLSCREEN to 0. Should work in all version of the game! And thanks a lot!

I don’t currently have Scratches installed, but look in the main Scratches folder for the configuration file — scream.cfg. You should be able to open it up in a text editor like notepad. Look for a line about “fullscreen” with either a 0 or 1 after it. The number should be 1 for fullscreen and 0 for windowed mode.

Hope this helps and that I’m not leading you astray.

Um… like Agustin said. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, dear lady. That was my obsessive compulsive disorder to never leave a forum post unreplied :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you guys for the replies =], I thought you might bring up the .cfg file however…

I do not have it. Someone did recommend I change it but I don’t have it on the GoG.com version. Does the Steam version have it?

Right, try looking here:

C:%APPDATA%Nucleosys Digital StudioScratches Director’s Cut

Not 100% sure about the path right now but it should be in your User folder and then a subfolder called “Roaming Data”. Let me know if this helps!

Hey Agustin I am afraid I can not find any folder or sub folder by that name, I believe the Steam version of Scratches does have the .cfg file so I might just buy it on Steam because I do not want to be taking up a lot of peoples’ time with this semi unimportant task of mine :stuck_out_tongue:
I do appreciate the help from you and Imari.

But the GOG version HAS to have the CFG file! Otherwise the game wouldn’t even launch!

Did you try searching in the entire drive?

I will uninstall the game and re-install it. The game DOES run because my friend and I were able to look at me mucking around in the Blackwood Estate.

I can 100% confirm that the folder should be:

C:User<YOUR_USER_NAME>AppDataRoamingNucleosysScratches Director’s Cut on Windows 7.

When I look in my C drive I do not have an ‘AppData’ folder so that might explain something.

It’s hidden. Enable Show Hidden Files/Folder on Explorer.

OR… just paste this on Explorer and press Enter. Should work:

C:%APPDATA%NucleosysScratches Director’s Cut

Well how about that, I found the .cfg file now is there a program I need to use to read it or just open it in notepad?

Just Notepad.

Fantastic, that did the trick. Now to get a better internet connection and I should be all set to stream by next weekend, Agustin I thank you for taking time to help me with this issue I was having.

No problem, looking forward to checking out the stream! :wink: