SOMA | [Beware of Spoilers]

[center]

[/center]
[center]“SOMA is a sci-fi horror game from Frictional Games, the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It is an unsettling story about identity, consciousness, and what it means to be human.”[/center]
[center]========================================================[/center]

So I’ve just finished SOMA yesterday and this game totally exceeded my expectations. The story and atmosphere were absolutely amazing. :smiley:

At first I was a bit sceptical though, because Frictional Games cut again many gameplay elements like a real inventory or a limited light, which I miss a bit since Penumbra. Amnesia and AMFP didn’t really impressed me storywise, but this swedish team successfully managed a brilliant return back to their roots with this little masterpiece.

Especially the atmosphere while wandering the seabed was so breathtaking. It always felt like being in a different world and when looking at these little sunbeams coming from the “sky”, I kinda wanted to swim to the surface just to have a glimpse of what is left from our earth. ^^
I also liked the many choices you have throughout the game. Eventhough they sadly don’t seem to have that much of an impact, I like that more and more developers are actually integrating the player’s decision in the story. The more choices for an individual experience exist, the better. I’m kinda curious to see if Asylum will have such things to offer. :wink:

[center]========================================================[/center]

So what are your opinions about Frictional Games’ newest adventure?

Now I’m gonna finish this post with this tweet! :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]"SOMA is the first game since Amnesia that gave me tachycardia. Yay?"[/i]

I still have to finish the game but I was beta testing it for a while. I agree, it’s a masterpiece and (even without seeing the ending) likely Frictional Games’ best work. Also, as per my tweet, definitely scary :nod: