Scratches *the movie*

I was looking around IMDB today, and I was thinking to myself. You know I think Scratches could make a great game to movie adaptation. What I am really curious about is who you all could see acting as the characters from the game. I know Jerry Carter and a few others were just voices, but in your mind’s eye, who would you think would most embody the characters in the game…these are my opinions…

(forgive my spelling of actor names, but I think you’ll get the drift)

Michael Arthate - Liam Neeson
Jerry Carter - David Tennant
Barbara Stiles - Martine McCutcheon
James Blackwood - Jude Law
Christopher Milton - Anthony Hopkins
Catherine Blackwood - Keira Knightly
William Bailey - Jason Statham (I know, very young for the role of retired Officer, but the voice matches pretty well)
Eva Mariani - Eva Longoria (this was not a cop out, I actually did think about this one lol)

I would love to know what everyone else thinks :nod:

Heh…I do think Scratches would make a good film. An excellent casting list, by the way–almost all of those actors are favorites of mine.
I’d make a Scratches movie if I had the resources!

Hehe… nice picks! However, my dream cast if I could chose ANYONE (dead or alive) would be:

Michael Arthate - Christopher Lee
Jerry Carter - Rod Taylor (younger)
Barbara Stiles - Britt Ekland (younger)
James Blackwood - Vincent Price
Christopher Milton - Peter Cushing
Catherine Blackwood - Kate Winslet (long haired and somewhat aged)
William Bailey - John Carradine
Eva Mariani - Rachel Weisz

Anyway, moving this to the offtopic forum where I believe will get better exposure :nod:

Its really cool that you posted here Agustin, I was hoping that you would put in your “dream cast.” It is often difficult when the protagonist is not presented visually, if not written correctly and with enough description, to imagine the characters as looking a certain way. In your case, the voices and text alone were enough to give me a very good picture, which was amazing. I was curious to know what might have been going through your head during your character development phase of designing Scratches? :slight_smile:

[quote="“Agustín”"]Hehe… nice picks! However, my dream cast if I could chose ANYONE (dead or alive) would be:

Michael Arthate - Christopher Lee
Jerry Carter - Rod Taylor (younger)
Barbara Stiles - Britt Ekland (younger)
James Blackwood - Vincent Price
Christopher Milton - Peter Cushing
Catherine Blackwood - Kate Winslet (long haired and somewhat aged)
William Bailey - John Carradine
Eva Mariani - Rachel Weisz

Anyway, moving this to the offtopic forum where I believe will get better exposure :nod:[/quote]
Judging by your list, I’d say you’d be tapping Hammer Films for the production, yes? Now that we’ve got that out of the way, we need to know who’d be writing the screenplay, who would be scoring the film, who would be directing, and who would be that bubbly red-headed woman wandering around getting everyone else’s autographs and pretending like she belonged. :wink:

Also, you forgot the most important casting choice of all…the cause of all those scratching noises. And no cop-outs saying CGI or something like that. If Silent Hill could put a bunch of professional dancers in hot, sexy nurse outfits then surely Scratches:The Film could blow a few thousand bucks on a nicely-rendered wardrobe for the little guy. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

I’ve often thought about this…and Liam Neeson was always my top contender to play Arthate as well.

I’ve also thougth about how this film would be paced…and I figured it would be a nice idea to have all those diaries and letters
spread out around the house, and whenever you see micheal sit down to read one the scene would swtch to a flashback of those actual events…
.that way it becomes more than just a movie about a guy wandering around the house. You could also play around with the lighting and cinematography in these cases. Like for example, as micheal reads about the horrific events in Africa with the tribe tearing that guy to pieces,
it would slowly fade into a big scene in Africa and actually show those events happening…then, it would slowly fade back into Micheal sitting in that living room, all by himself, and somehow. the lighting is darker and more grim…

Which brings a thought to my mind:

Would the movie open with a scene showing Catherine and James Blackwood, hinting at “something wrong” with their child’s birth - or something else going on, then “jump to” Michael, either acquiring the house or (as in the game) driving up to it?

Or, just start as the game starts, with Michael driving up to the house?

I invisioned an opening sequence where the movie opened with the birth, and James and Catherine looking horrified at what entered the world. Then cut to title screen. I think that the present day part of the movie should start with Michael and Jerry talking about aquiring the house at Michael’s office, where we can also be introduced to his assistant Barbara. After that I suppose is when he can be seen driving to the house with the credits rolling as he progresses. As he approaches the house the credits end…

Just what I thought up… :nod:

Which brings a thought to my mind:

Would the movie open with a scene showing Catherine and James Blackwood, hinting at “something wrong” with their child’s birth - or something else going on, then “jump to” Michael, either acquiring the house or (as in the game) driving up to it?

Or, just start as the game starts, with Michael driving up to the house?[/quote]

Well you know, I’ve always loved the way the intro of the game started up, with that little car driving through an ominous path, and the camera lifitng up to reveal the tower on the house, with that menacing musical cue…it reminded me of older horror films in a really classy way. I always envisioned the movie starting just like that.

As for music itself, I really think cellar of rats should score the movie. The music for the game is almost film score quality in and of itself so I think theyd do a great job…if they ever do music anymore that is.

Well as far as I remember the first scene in the game shows the maid’s pictures above the bathtub, I think it’s also a good intro for a movie.

The pictures over the tub would be an awesome opener. Not sure why I didn’t think of that at all… :o