Scratches: alt ending?

Hey, well, I beat Scratches: The Directors Cut a couple of days ago (great game by the way) and I heard about scratches having an alternative ending. What do I need to do differently in order to achieve this alt. ending?

It would definitely give me an excuse to play through it again :slight_smile:

Well, we made it easy to trigger… So you may not need to replay the entire game :wink:

Before going down you-know-where, return to your room and try using the typewriter 10+ times (can’t remember the exact amount now).

That will change things.

I’ve tried this, never could get it to work. I’ve heard there’s more to it then the typewriter…

Nope, it’s just the typewriter now. At least with the patch installed (yes, it was more difficult to trigger the ending at first).

I triggered the alternate ending by clicking on the type writer multiple times through out the game. I made sure that every once in a while I went back to the bedroom to click it. You know you have unlocked the alternate ending when Michael starts talking about going crazy and losing his mind( it shows as an entry in the journal).

Just keep going back to the type writer every so often. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

i love you Augustin.

[quote="“ashli518"”]I triggered the alternate ending by clicking on the type writer multiple times through out the game. I made sure that every once in a while I went back to the bedroom to click it. You know you have unlocked the alternate ending when Michael starts talking about going crazy and losing his mind( it shows as an entry in the journal).

Just keep going back to the type writer every so often. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thanks, I tried Agustin’s way but it failed for me. :frowning:

Maybe the Steam version isnt patched?

[quote="“Waffles92"”]Thanks, I tried Agustin’s way but it failed for me. :frowning:

Maybe the Steam version isnt patched?[/quote]
Yes, it has all the latest patches. And I understand a few have found the alternate ending, so it should be there.

Try clicking the typewriter a few more times. It should be above 10 clicks, so try 15 to be sure.

I seem to recall something about needing to have found and clicked on the bottle of Thalidomide in the dresser drawer as well. Maybe that was for the unpatched version though? :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

A-ha! Good point Arealla, that could be a factor as well :nod:

Another helpful(?) tip:

If you’re going to get the alternate ending, the very last entry in your journal should be only four or five words long (and those words should make it pretty damn clear that Michael’s brainbone has snapped). If you’ve got those, head to the basement–you’re on the right track. If not, you need to try writing on your novel a bit more often during the adventure. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

Wasn’t there something special about the dialog with Bailey too? Or has it been removed in the update?

Darn Areala, you really know your Scratches!

Nuxly, nothing about Bailey, at least in the final version.

What can I say? It’s my favorite graphical adventure game of all time. You’ve no one to blame but yourself. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

You should hire her for the phone support

I agree entirley with Nuxly; Areala should be phone support for Scratches, but she has to refer to Agustin forever more as “Boss.” :wink:

Make that “Big Bad Boss” and she’s hired.

I believe we should be discussing salary, stock options and executive washroom access at this point. Let it be known that I require a substantial outlay of compensation in order to refer to a supervisor as “Big Bad Boss”. However I’m not above compromise, and I’m willing to work for sour cherry candies and 2-litres of Mountain Dew: Code Red (six packages of each every week, please) if I am instead allowed to refer to you as “Boss-hole”. :lol:

huggles
Areala

All I can say is if Senscape were to open an North American branch…I’d be sending a resume :smiley: