Porting Dagon to Unity

I can confirm that (at least until we do serious testing) there have been no drastic changes when it comes to assets from Dagon++. The way close-ups and videos are handled remains pretty much the same, and PNGs is indeed the best choice for large textures – it turns out that Unity compresses them for deployment with pretty much the same format we used ourselves. Remember our “TEX” files were simply an encapsulation for the DXTC compression algorithm, so the workflow is greatly simplified; no more conversion or fiddling with ksconvert!

I’m hoping to be back with more news soon!

Thanks Agustin. That’s reassuring. :slight_smile:

Hi all, I thoroughly enjoy the few adventures games I have played, Scratches, The Lost Crown, and Rhiannon and The Curse of the Four Branches, but looking at your questions about writing and making your games; I just don’t know how you do it!!! So much detail with just the buildings, rooms, characters, and any text and music. I still have no idea just how much work goes into these games!! Kudos to you guys and I will never look at this type of game, the same way again. They are works of art!!! Thank you for all the work you do for us, to enjoy our games!!! applause and crowd whistles

Woo! Thank you!! Here’s hoping for more lavishly-designed horror games. Judging from this forum, there are many more in the making 8)

Discord is confusing to me. I have a discord account with somebody else entirely (not gaming) but I"m not even sure I can have multiple accounts (per login).
So today I go to the Discord and I"m supposed to ‘claim’ my account but when I enter my usual handle I get a name already used’ error. wtf? At this I’m lost. I don’t even know what ‘claiming’ means.

I’m also trying to see if Unity for Dagon is available.
thanks

Hey @shadowphile! I saw you logged into Discord. The idea is that you have a single account for every server you’re in. It’s possible you created a previous account with the same email address and that’s why you can’t claim it, but usernames aren’t unique, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Make sure you can see all your servers when you open the app, including Senscape, and you should be good to know. You’re shadowphile#9365 in our server.