Thanks for weighing in, Agustin. I know that you said that the engine was not ready to be used and I appreciate you allowing me to experiment with it anyway.
Your team is working with the “fleshed out” version of the engine with the Asylum assets. The “stripped down” version of the engine on Github, does not have the assets (textures, room scripts, prefabs, etc.), so I thought it might be helpful if I provide some feedback, so that you’ll know what’s “missing” and the barriers, which I encountered.
I tried numerous things without success this morning, including individually hand importing all of the scripts as you had suggested and moving my old Dagon files and folders (main.lua, Locations folder, Main.lua, etc.) around in Dagonity. I tried adding in the old DLL files and the CFG file too. I also started the 30 day trial of Pro Unity to see if that made any difference, but it did not. :’(
So… first it would be helpful to know where exactly the components of a Dagon game should be placed within the Dagon-Unity structure and which files should not be moved over (like Dagon.cfg?, Main.lua?, etc.). Knowing the correct paths for the organization of the game in Dagon-Unity would save a lot of confusion.
I tried to figure out why just a single node would not load into the scene. The current version of the Dagon-Unity Master on Github is missing the meshes and textures (prefabs?) for the Atmosphere (Atmosfera), Sun (Sol), and Sky sections of the Scene. At least, those sections are all in a red font and the Inspector for the items reads “missing.” The GameController is missing the text asset for Game Data JSON. (I had to look up JSON. :-[) Lots of other missing mono script, missing texture, missing avatar messages throughout.
In the Inspector panel for the node.shader, I get the errors – “Variable ‘n’ used without having been completely initialized” on line 95 and warning symbols labeled “implicit truncation of vector type” for lines 91 & 95. In the Inspector panel for the WithFog.shader, I get the error – “incorrect number of arguments to numeric-type constructor” on line 42.
I hope this is of use to Francisco when he’s setting up the engine for release. I did learn a lot and am looking forward to trying out Dagon-Unity again. Can’t wait to play with the components to add spots, links, doors, etc. Once set up, it looks as though the engine should be easy to use.