Looking for a good point & click

Gah, gimme some spooky puzzles!
Anybody play Baron Wittard yet? It has the kind of interface I like.

The Cat Lady.

Thank me later.

Not sure. I enjoy a good scare. But something about this one seems not fun, at all.

Baron Wittard has good atmosphere, but not much gameplay, it’s pretty much jumping from puzzle to puzzle.
My number one recommended point and click is The Lost Crown. It’s a ghost-hunting adventure with tension, mystery, scares, story and it’s wonderfully long.
I’ve also got a soft spot for Darkness Within 1 & 2. If you like H.P Lovecraft, you’ll like those.

I thought that Lost Souls was spooky, if you haven’t played that. It was so creepy that I had to play it in little bits. I still am not through with it. :oops:

Haven’t played that one yet, but the original Dark Fall creeped me out.

Yes! And it’s in the same hotel, but somehow this one seems worse than it was before.

Scratches is one of my all time favorites.

Sorry. I have edited my earlier post (which was idiotic) and plead insanity!

If you want a point and click that had puzzles then I recommend The 7th Guest/The 11th Hour. They were both made in early to mid 90s so be mindful of that when you look at the graphics, the characters and the acting but the atmosphere is there and so is the music. They are on GoG.com and they are some of my personal favorite games of all time.
Another one was called Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster. I do not know if the game is available for newer computers and it is also not on GoG.com.
Sorry I am not as helpful with game suggestions :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a search and it seems there’s one copy available from Amazon. The user reviews say it works on XP.

I tried to check my “go to website” for compatibility, called Inferno’s XP Games List, and my firewall is giving me a warning, so I’ll have to check there later.

I second 7th Guest. It was the first horror game (well, horror/puzzle) that I ever played. Ahh, the memories.

Newgrounds has a bunch of point and click ones, and many of them are really fun games.

If you feel like branching into side scrollers with simple controls, I can’t recommend Limbo enough. Dude. Dude. It’s got amazing, slow build creepy as fuck ambiance.

This dude LOVED Limbo. It doesn’t require any player-investment like many ‘epic’ games, just jump in and start the dream… geeze, what ambience!

Loved the Lucas Arts adventure games, Full Thottle, the Dig, Grim Fandango etc.
Limbo was exceptional, alot of feeling in that game and that damn spider freaked me out a bit!!
New Adventure game kickstarter project you should check out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clickshake/a-small-favor-2d-side-scrolling-adventure-game

I have no mouth, and I must scream. Needs Scummvm. Worth it.

Sanitarium. Available on GOG.com. Amazing story, good horror atmosphere. A true classic.

75% off The Book of Unwritten Tales on GOG:

It’s not strictly a point and click although there is some real atmosphere in this one. Realms of the Haunting blew me away in 1997 when I first played it. It’s packed with video which isn’t crap (no, really) and great graphics which still do their job pretty well. $4 on gog… Do it. If you want something a bit up-to-date: http://www.eleusisgame.com/ Stunningly pretty mystery story.

No love for Barrow Hill? Great game. I actually yelled aloud the first time the “monster” appeared.

Love Barrow Hill. Emma Harry rocks. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Tommy, post:16, topic:520”]75% off The Book of Unwritten Tales on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_book_of_unwritten_tales[/quote]
Quite pretty graphics! Got me thinking…hand-drawn panoramics! The characters would be limited because too hard to make them wander in 360. Not to mention, the artist would pass out from sticking his head inside a spherical canvas to paint the images.

Also loved Barrow Hill, had a good old-school vibe and the flashlight effect while rustling through the brush was extremely unnerving