Hotspot Coordinates

Hello,

First of all, I must say thank you for the great adventure engine you are sharing here. I can safely say this is shaping up to be a great engine.

My question is related to creation of hotspots. I kind of understand the logic behind them and things I should do to create a spot, but I’m having trouble deciding the coordinates. What should I do to know coordinates of a place I decided in the form of:

[glow=red,2,300] Spot(NORTH, {890, 1365, 1035, 1335, 1290, 1075, 1445, 1110,
2045, 1780, 2045, 2045, 790, 2045}) )[/glow]

Is there a way to precisely read the coordinates from my cubemaps? I’m new to panoramic development, so I’m a little lost here.

I determine the position of the spots on the cube face in my paint program. I use Corel PhotoPaint, but you could use GIMP or Adobe or whatever works for you. I select the area of the spot by dragging and dropping and the right click to get a pop up with the position of the selection. It looks like this —

The coordinates for this spot in Dagon would be {313, 1659, 402, 1659, 402, 1728, 313, 1728}.

I hope this is what you were asking. :slight_smile:

That’s definitely what I was looking for. I was confused because I thought I’d need three dimensional coordinates. A cube with eight corners for example.

So, many thanks. You were really helpful.

I’ll try to put in some spots and will share the results if anything bothers me.

Cheers.

It’s wonderful to have new developers come on board, so I’m pleased that I could help. :slight_smile:

[glow=grey,2,200]Thank you. It’s great to be working alongside people who are in similar mindset. I love adventure games with good storytelling and atmosphere. In my honest opinion Scratches is the best adventure game ever made. I’m not exaggerating at all. I sincerely believe that. Since I’m an amateur game developer with a great love for adventure and horror games, I think this is one of the best places to be in. Dagon is just too good to let go.

On the topic, I taken care of my problems with hotspots and coordinates. Now I’m ready to make a fully custom test game. I believe I’ll struggle a little with video spots, but if that’s all, I think I might start creating my own little game in no time. It’ll be nice to work on high poly models for a change instead of low poly nightmare I’ve been living in.
[/glow]

Hi civanT, what programs are you using? I can help with blender stuff.

Hi mate. Unfortunately I am a 3ds Max user. Have been for almost ten years now. I really want to learn Blender, but it is so different I always give up after a few minutes. I know a little Maya, but haven’t used it for almost six years. It was the first 3d program I learned. Photoshop, Mudbox, and AutoCad are the others I use regularly. AutoCad is for professional reasons.