Forum Performance

The forum performance is ok for me, but for some reason I can’t stay logged in. Once I leave the forum, I have to login again, even if I chose to have a permanent session.

Things are okay for me so far!

Not sure if this is the right topic, since this isn’t performance related, but here goes:

I’m missing the poster registration date in posts (it’s a minor thing, but after some shenanigans on the gog forums, I feel better with them).

And the status icons next to forum sections (“New Posts”/“No New Posts”) switch after going into the section, even without actually reading any of the unread posts. So if I just go into a section, leave and then go back, I can’t really tell if there’s any unread posts in a section at first glance?
This is probably as intended, and I know there are the “Unread Posts” links and “new” icons next to each topic for just that. But is there any way to know if there are unread posts in a section without actually going into it? Like bolding the section name or something?

Are you using forum.senscape.net, or the old address? the former should behave, the latter, not so much.

^You’re right, I was using senscape.com/forum. If I use the correct address, it works fine. Thank you!

[quote=“MoP, post:63, topic:541”]Not sure if this is the right topic, since this isn’t performance related, but here goes:

I’m missing the poster registration date in posts (it’s a minor thing, but after some shenanigans on the gog forums, I feel better with them).

And the status icons next to forum sections (“New Posts”/“No New Posts”) switch after going into the section, even without actually reading any of the unread posts. So if I just go into a section, leave and then go back, I can’t really tell if there’s any unread posts in a section at first glance?
This is probably as intended, and I know there are the “Unread Posts” links and “new” icons next to each topic for just that. But is there any way to know if there are unread posts in a section without actually going into it? Like bolding the section name or something?[/quote]
I’m not sure about the registration date, I guess I can try adding it to the posts themselves. I’m not a big fan, though, as I’d like to keep posts as “clean” as possible.

As for the unread icons, I agree, it doesn’t quite work as expected. I’d rather have it your way as well. This is something related to the forum software, and I hope to have a fix ready soon!

I don’t know if this was already suggested, but what about adding a “quick reply” interface and spoiler tags?

There is a “Quick Reply” option, Snake. In fact I’m using it to make this response to you. :wink:

Spoiler tags would be a welcome addition, though.

There is a quick reply option at the bottom of the thread. A bit hard to see, but click the + on the left to open the reply box. :slight_smile:

edit - I got ninja’d!

[quote=“Anaxphone, post:68, topic:541”]There is a “Quick Reply” option, Snake. In fact I’m using it to make this response to you. :wink:

Spoiler tags would be a welcome addition, though.[/quote]

Ups, I didn’t noticed it. It was not expanded yet :S

OK, the quick reply should always appear now :nod:

^Agustin, you are probably the most deligent and attentive admin/developer I have ever seen :slight_smile: