Film Grain settings

Greetings Master Cordes. Just played the new teaser…fantastic as far as the game itself…can’t wait for the full thing…but please tell me there will be an option to shut off the flickering film grain effect…mine eyes shall be unable to handle it.

Ahoy! We have reduced the amount of grain already, but yes, we will allow to tweak the game to your liking. Fear not!

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Excellent news! Thank you, Agustin.

By the way, being a fellow member of the Eldritch Brotherhood, have you read ‘The Case of Charles Dexter Ward’? Next to ‘At The Mountains of Madness’, I find it to be his finest and most disturbing work. Highly recommended.

Hell, yes! It’s very easily my favorite after Mountains too, and that is a close call :nod:

argh, don’t get him going on that subject, he’ll never get the game finished. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha! You devil you…I make an idle comment about “…Dexter Ward” being one of HPLs top two works and the entire time you’ve been making the game in the shadows! Well played, Master Cordes! I am so excited to play this!! Well played indeed!

Indeed, I can be devious like that :smiley:

Glad to hear you enjoyed the news!

Just my two cents on the subject of film-grain.
Dont! Or at least allow me to turn it off. Unlike other mood enhancers film grain simulates looking at film or a tv. I want immersion, not playing as if I am looking into an old television. It looks great for a teaser though.

Just to be super clear: the film grain in Asylum is very, very, very subtle. As in a slight cosmetic effect to enhance that vintage mood and feel of the game. You almost won’t notice.

And yes, it’s way subtler than what you saw in the old Interactive Teaser :slight_smile: