Female Main Playable Character

There are not enough survival horror games with main playable characters being female. Always the typical male journalist or detective. If it’s not too late, make the main character a female!

After you are done, make her a dwarf. There is not enough survival games starring dwarves!

A bald one. With a huge beard.

I demand it.

Oy, that’s “little person”.

I suppose you could have Josh Mandel re-record his lines with his best Pepperpot Lady voice…

Oi! That’s discrimination against male population. Don’t be misandristic.

It’s very late for that :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought the main character was female!? :wink:

If you will turn down the speech sound (I think Agustin has confirmed that this will be possible), the main character can probably be any gender (or fantasy race) you like. I expect we will never see him the main character directly, so the worst thing that could happen then is that some personal relation may become in some form different (pure speculation, Agustin didn’t spoil the whole story just for me :)))

Is that the case so far Agustin? And just to be safe I want to remind you that speaking about any relations or not relations would be a spoiler.

I agree this would be a fun thing, but it’s probably way late in the process to make that change.

Maybe for the next Senscape game though?

[quote=“Diva Ex Machina, post:8, topic:686”][quote author=bouledesuif link=topic=1940.msg12276#msg12276 date=1390359474]
There are not enough survival horror games with main playable characters being female. Always the typical male journalist or detective. If it’s not too late, make the main character a female!
[/quote]

I agree this would be a fun thing, but it’s probably way late in the process to make that change.

Maybe for the next Senscape game though?[/quote]
While Asylum actually isn’t really “survival” horror, I have some recommendations of coming games for you in that direction.
Town Of Light: Looks very promising to me. Rather calm, so like Asylum maybe.
Daylight: I’m not so convinced about this one. It looks like a cheap Outlast, especially graphically for a game that comes out for PC and PS4. But on the other hand, story wise it can’t be worse except they would do that with full intention.
DreadOut: Here I’m not really sure what to think of the setting and the gameplay. But I have played the demo and it definitely wasn’t bad, so I think everybody has to decide for themselves.

No comments about the story of Asylum and/or any relations :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know about that…Clock Tower…Fatal Frame…Resident Evil (many different times)…Rule of Rose…Silent Hill…I’m sure I’m missing some, but sometimes you have to let go of gender and just enjoy the fact that male or female, this genre is awesome.