Do not adjust your monitors, it's a brand new forum! Important info here!

OK folks, it finally happened. Time to say goodbye to the old piece of prehistoric software. Please, take note of the new URL:

I hope you like what we did here! It’s amazing. It’s fast. It’s friendly. It’s super secure. Almost like our own private social network :smiley:

I still need to tweak several things around, but it’s already fully operational. Your current username should work as before, with some exceptions (notably white spaces were converted to underscores ‘_’). If it doesn’t, let me know or try to reset your username/password with your email. Please, read this topic for further details of the new software: Welcome to Senscape!

Finally, do note that the old Simple Machines forum will be terminated in a few weeks. Most importantly, private messages were NOT exported. If you want to keep them, you’ll have to manually save them. Everything else is working at it should.

(if you need to access the old forum, please use the IP as I’ll be redirecting the senscape.net domain soon: http://45.56.110.55/forum)

That’s it. Here’s hoping you like our new website! Enjoy!

BTW, feel free to let me know what you think about the new forum, its look & feel, if it’s easy to navigate, speedy enough, etc.

Please remember: to access the new forum you must reset your password! Do it like this:

You will receive an email with a link to reset the password. If you forgot your email or no longer have access to it, just let me know and we’ll sort it out: [email protected]

Welcome to Senscape!

It’s running lovely and smooth on mobile too. Password reset was a breeze, no silly limits on strong passwords, didn’t require me to login again after resetting either. Markdown support too? I’m in love :ok_hand:t2:

Good work

Update: doesn’t just work on mobile, it’s supported fantastically.

Thanks @LeonardChallis!

Wait, what’s that? You can mention other users! And wow, it supports markdown as well!

And… and… WE HAVE EMOJI :scream:

So much awesomeness. :poop::octopus:

• This is awesome
  • This is super awesome
  • This is super duper awesome

0 voters

Congrats on the new forum! Password reset worked fine through Gmail (and happily wasn’t classified as Spam). Avatar carried over successfully.

It looks like Kickstarter-associated badge permissions are working correctly. Even though my forum title is listed as ‘Serena Developer’, I seem to have my ‘Doctor’ level backer credentials and can see Backers Lounge posts and VIP posts.

Party on! :fireworks:

Ah yes, members with multiple groups is currently an issue. I’ll look into that! Maybe I can just quickly remove you from the Serena developers group (which is very old now anyway) so you can regain your glorious Gold Backer title :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of which, I still need to create dedicated badges for that. The badges system in this forum is GLORIOUS and we’re going to have lots of fun with it!

BTW, I’ve extensively configured the new server and domain to avoid being tagged as spam. It’s super clean and our new senscape.io domain is scoring a perfect 10/10 in anti-spam systems :slight_smile: