Configurability in Asylum

How configurable will the game be exactly? I recall several things that could be configured in the old demo from years ago like gamma correction, and turning narration on or off. I’m assuming one will be able to configure all the same elements in the final release but I’m also wondering if perhaps there will be even more adjustments one can make. I’m especially curious about things like camera behaviour.

We will allow some key settings to be modified in-game, such as quality, certain visual effects, camera speed, etc, and smaller tweaks via a configuration file (just like the demo) – disabling the narration, classic control method like Scratches, and so.

Ah, very nice. And by “classic control method” you’re referring to camera control?

Yeah, a camera control similar to Scratches which some fans have requested, although the default will be the “direct control” scheme of Scratches: Director’s Cut :slight_smile:

I can’t tell you how glad I am to hear this. Thanks for including that. Seems you haven’t forgotten about us purists. :slight_smile:

I know, you’re always on my mind :smile: