Computer Requirements for Sens Games

hehehe windows people.

when you say “a few Linux distributions” which did you have in mind?

i think a poor misconception is the assumption that all Linux users can just twist the programs arm, and make it run. this is not true, i have gotten tons of windows users converted over to the Linux world. so when you release something, make sure it contains detailed instructions on how to extract or build/install it. so while there are several tech savvy computer users on Linux, this doesn’t mean all Linux users are tech savvy.

I don’t know anything about Linux distributions.

But I do have a question about computers, for anyone to answer if they know.
As I am still not decided what to purchase, for a new desktop computer.
What about 32-bit or 64 bits, for using a new computer in the next couple years—
Do I need a 32bit or 64bit computer, especially for gaming and music?

FYI–Since XP is old now, there are LOTS of great deals on laptops, notebooks, netbooks, and desktops, for new computers that already have Windows XP installed. I have been looking for a while now, online. If I hadn’t read in this Forum (from Agustin), that Microsoft will not be supporting the XP system anymore (officially)—I might of bought another XP type. Glad I didn’t.

32bit or 64bit, does it matter, and which one?
Thank you,
G7

Added later—Did some reading. Looks like 64bit is the way to go, as 32bit is going out of style.

I’m hugely exited to hear that you’ll be supporting Linux. Searching for “Linux” is generally the first thing I do when hearing about a new Indie game. You’ve got my money for sure…and I’ll be spreading the word.

[quote="“Guest7"”]I don’t know anything about Linux distributions.

But I do have a question about computers, for anyone to answer if they know.
As I am still not decided what to purchase, for a new desktop computer.
What about 32-bit or 64 bits, for using a new computer in the next couple years—
Do I need a 32bit or 64bit computer, especially for gaming and music?

FYI–Since XP is old now, there are LOTS of great deals on laptops, notebooks, netbooks, and desktops, for new computers that already have Windows XP installed. I have been looking for a while now, online. If I hadn’t read in this Forum (from Agustin), that Microsoft will not be supporting the XP system anymore (officially)—I might of bought another XP type. Glad I didn’t.

32bit or 64bit, does it matter, and which one?
Thank you,
G7

Added later—Did some reading. Looks like 64bit is the way to go, as 32bit is going out of style.[/quote]

yeah 64 bit is the way to go, especially for gaming. just make sure you get a processor that will make use of 64-bit.

my cheap little laptop, came installed with windows 7 64 bit. and i have just a cheap little AMD bottom of the line type processor, found in many budget notebooks. if you would have asked me before, i would have said that it wouldn’t even install, but, it did, and they marketed it like i was getting something awesome. I reinstalled linux on it anyway, and now im running windows again as well, lol wanted to play some games.

A Question for the x64 Windows users…Is it possible to install x86 software ? The reason I’m asking is that most applications are written for 32bit OS’s and I’m wondering if you can install any application you want, without being concerned about the x86/x64 factor…

:)

[quote="“andisthejackass”"]A Question for the x64 Windows users…Is it possible to install x86 software ? The reason I’m asking is that most applications are written for 32bit OS’s and I’m wondering if you can install any application you want, without being concerned about the x86/x64 factor…

:)[/quote]

Yes, it is possible to run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit system. What doesn’t work on a 64-bit system is 32-bit drivers, though. All drivers need to be 64-bit.

I guess drivers are fine, as long as all other applications are compatible :slight_smile: