Blender addon for rendering node textures

[quote=“shadowphile, post:20, topic:466”]Hi Leonard, nice to see you here!
To my knowledge you are the first to try this plugin in Mac.
Does the checkbox actually not respond, or does the plugin not show up?
Also, I wrote this in 2.62 so I’ll have to check operation in 2.65.[/quote]

Hi :slight_smile: Yeah, I’ve been busy with work and my very young child, but excited to be getting back on it!

It shows up just fine - but the enable checkbox isn’t responding to clicks at all. Admittedly I am very new to Blender, however if there’s anything I can do to help give you any info, if you’re bothered, I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Hey, I will have to look at the code and possibly put in a check for Mac systems. (and check against latest version of Blender)

ok, the problem was a version change in the API.
I fixed it! Download again and give a shot.
(I also found too much shared names with Dagon Make Spots, fixed that in both scripts as well.)

Can someone re-upload this file? I hope it works on linux! Was it just a .py file?

I found it here: https://github.com/Senscape/Dagon/wiki/Make-Dagon-Nodes

hi wot, glad to see some interest in this addon I made.
I have not tried it in the latest Blender versions, I will check that out and let you know the results.

Oh, thanks! It looks very interesting.

I’m getting some things to work by animating the camera. This addon would save me a lot of time. I’m still very interested :smiley:

I checked this out and it runs fine in 2.77a. It will make your nodes cubefaces but not the masks. Also the other ‘Dagon’ stuff is not relevant anymore since it was made for the old pre-Unity days.
Try this new link. BTW, it also has my MakeSpots addon to make mini videos for embedding in your cube faces. It has some issues also but makes the videos you want. You might need some help getting it right but too busy now to update the code.

This works perfectly! Thanks a bunch shadowphile!

Awesome, always nice to see one’s work appreciated.
Did you have any interest in the spot-video add-on? With the built-in panoramic cameras in the latest blenders, and an external panoramic format convertor, the Nodes generator is not so important. Spot videos however are harder to position onto a background and the add-on helps with that. Should still be useful for the current Dagon engine although it might need tweaking to be compatible.

Just made a little test spot video, works like a charm! This is amazing. And the script is very easy to read, so I can tweak things to my liking. I love python, I wish dagon used it instead of lua.

I am delighted it works for you! Being open-sourced, I thought more users on the forum would be using Blender but I haven’t had much response with these two add-ons, even on Blendernation!

One of the hardest issues with ‘spots’, whether video or user-interaction, is locating them on the screen.
This was suppose to provide co-ordinates that can be pasted into the code. (hence the litte ‘script’ box) but it is probably bad now.
I haven’t seen a basic Dagon example that we can use to kick-start us users with a basic setup. Right now I’m not sure of the easiest way to make my add-on useful in the current Dagon.

LUA vs Python: Yes, I bought a whole book to study LUA, then it was dropped, then it was brought back. Python seems to be a popular scripting language so it is nice to apply experience everywhere. Programming for Blender is a lot of fun!
I was impressed with LUA’s promise though, since it was designed for non-programmers (we’ve heard THAT one before) and seems like a very concise language.

Just wanted to say that I think it’s awesome you developed this Blender add-on! Agustín and I (probably many others too) agree that Dagon would benefit greatly from some visual tools, and as a matter of fact, I wanted those tools available in Blender from the get-go because Blender is accessible to all. Where I’m going with this, is that when we do make a move on “officially” supporting visual tools for Dagon, I can see us building your add-on into such a Blender tool. Hopefully you are okay with this and support the idea?

I say go for it!
And here are some more letters because I am not allowed on this new forum software to use less than 20 letters.
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
and so forth…

Glad to hear it.
@AgustinCordes, when the time is right, what do you think of a new repo in the Senscape organization, for Dagon tools such as this?

Absolutely. In fact, this is a great idea. As many repos as you want :slight_smile:

Everything will have to be public, of course, but that’s always the plan!

Hi. Newbie here trying to get to grips with cube maps in the Dagon engine. I realise things are in flux with the unity development, but I really would love to get started with the original Dagon. I can render the required images for a cubemap, but the links to the required KSConvert files appear to be broken. Is there any way to download them? Thanks.

pm me with your email and I will send you a copy. It fell out a LONG time ago and people have been emailing it to each other ever since (back when people still cared about it).
It is only one executable (I have Windows, not sure if that matters).

Sorry about that. Those files date back to an ancient time when the engine was called Kinesis. And thanks @shadowphile for keeping them around (I do have them but buried inside an endless nesting of folders).

The original Dagon has renewed support, so it’s a great time to pick it and get started :slight_smile:

Thanks @shadowphile I’m on Windows too. I’m attempting to pm you, but that doesn’t appear to be an option for me, I assume it’s because I’ve just joined and haven’t earned the correct trust level. Could you please pm me hopefully I can reply with my email? I really appreciate you helping me out with this.