A reading of The Outsider by H.P. Lovecraft

Greetings friends.

Recently I promised to record a reading of H.P. Lovecrafts’ The Outsider upon reaching a milestone. :reading:

Having reached that milestone I have done just that and thought that many of you would be interested in having a fun listen to it as well.

The downsampling and compression of it may have had an effect on the overall inflections but nonetheless It can be heard here
LovecraftPlays Reads - The Outsider by H.P. Lovecraft

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did reading and recording it. 8)

This is fantastic, thank you very much for sharing! :smiley:

You did get my reply to your PM, right?

Thanks a lot Agustín, that means a lot coming from a Lovecraft aficionado such as yourself! :nod:

Thanks for that…
It was like been at a Alice Cooper and Vincent Price book club!!

Fantastic work and really impressed you could keep the momentum going… very Mr Price like hence the reference :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! :wink:

I plan to do “The Statement of Randolph Carter” when I reach my next milestone.
I’ve purchased a new microphone and setup a better sound booth so I don’t get so many “hard P’s”.
That one will be really fun since I get to mess with telephone filters to replicate Mr. Warren! :o

In the original post you mentioned loss of quality… to be honest it could help, specially considering the era these were written
I thought the quality as fine if there was any degrading I never noticed, but you read it really well

You’re absolutely right in that regard.
I did actually flirt with the idea of making the quality rather sour due to the relative age of the tale, but backed out of it after having run out of time to release it on schedule. :’(

When I do Statement I shall certainly give it a more “olden” sound. ;D

I’m looking forward to hearing what you do next…
Oh did you finish Silent Hill 3? if you did was it a good or bad ending?
I got stuck on the part were the red fog is chasing you… I got it eventually but spat my dummy a fair few times :-[

Yes I did finish SH3! :nod:
I got the good ending, fantastic game and one of my all time favorites.

I plan to play through Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem in a future stream (I did it 2 months ago w hen I first started out) because that game is rife with callbacks to the works of Lovecraft; so there is a lot to talk about.

Though once Asylum releases, that will be the mainstay for quite some time, as I know there will be so many references to spot and talk about; the brain teasers alone will require all Outsiders to band together to piece them together! ???