A little piece of "Scratches" fiction

Well, a couple of weeks back I had a very awkward dream, that I felt I had to develop, and within a few days I put together this humble work of fan fiction, which is meant to portray a somewhat different twist of events right before the original ending of Scratches. You may download or view it here. I’d also post it in this thread, but formatting it all over again just seems too troublesome right now, so please forgive me. :oops:

Feel free to share your thoughts afterwards. And bear in mind, I am no writer, so there are bound to be… inadequacies here and there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Scratches being a horror game, I was half-expecting Robin to jump up and scare the bejeezus out of me. Nice to have the unexpected, more calm take on an ending.

Now, where’s that fan-fiction Scratches novel? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think your writing style is very good, you have a great grasp of language. Would certainly read more of your work =] .

I quite liked it, Jay Bee. One of the most fun things about fan fiction is the chance to take the story in a completely new direction, something that “might have been.” Usually the changes made aren’t very deep, but in this case I think the ideas you had were logical and fit in with the overall theme of the game. What’s more, I could easily see this being adapted into an “alternate ending” similar to the one Barrow Hill delivers if you don’t solve the final puzzle the “correct” way. In both cases the story continues, but two conclusions are wildly divergent.

Best of all, you entertained me. That, right there, is worth the price of admission. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

Thank you all for the feedback. :slight_smile: I quite appreciate it.