A Helpful Walkthrough For Scratches: DC

So, since the Scratches Director’s Cut is now available for sale on BigFishGames, I thought it might be nice to post a link to a really well put-together text-and-image walkthrough for anybody who needs it (or just wants to look at the pretty pictures).

This is hosted at the Longplay Archive, and they cover tons of other stuff in addition to Scratches. Not just adventure games either - they have video, text, image (or mixtures of all three) for some 600+ titles and genres, including first-person shooters, survival horror games, RPGs, platformers, real-time and turn-based strategy, shoot’em ups, beat’em ups, the list goes on and on. :slight_smile:

Anyway, here’s the link to page one of the Scratches: DC walkthrough. It’s fun to read even if you’ve already played the game to…well, death. :slight_smile:

http://lparchive.org/Scratches-Directors-Cut/

huggles
Areala

Thank you Areala! :nod:

My pleasure. I’m a sucker for all things Scratches, and finding this gave me a good couple of hours of enjoyment, reading and remembering. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

I didn’t realize that walkthrough was so exhaustive… Truly amazing! And very flattering! :smiley:

Yeah, it’s like the writer made note of every piece of information that could be found in the house, including even the publisher’s back of the book text for Vanishing Town. Truly phenomenal. I bet there’s stuff in there that even YOU have forgotten about by now. :wink:

huggles
Areala

Quite possibly :oops:

We can only hope that when Asylum is released, some kind soul shall give it the same royal treatment.

Beta testers…? Are you listening? :smiley:

huggles
Areala

Thanks Areala!

I’m also a sucker (also for all things conserning Scratches), so I find this very interesting.

Maybe this should be posted on Big Fish Games forums too. For those few “lost souls” to figure out how to play our beloved Hidden Object Game :wink:

I have to laugh reading those reviews, because it’s so painfully obvious that many of the people knocking the game are not its intended audience. At the same time, it seems a shame because some of those who are interested in hidden object games could very well be enticed to go to the next level if only they understood what it was all about.

Linking it there may not be a bad idea at all. Anybody here have an account that they could post it up there? :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

Yeah. At first I found those “reviews” funny, almost entertaining. But while reading more, it was getting quite depressing. How many potential players could take those things seriously? And how impatient people are nowadays (not to speak of other absence of basic skills, like politeness, or respectfulness, as example).

“It took me 10 minutes to get to start.” -Jumanji
"Intro was too long!" -Lollo
"I’m an idiot, therefore this game is awful" -R. Descartes

Well, it took me over two years to properly start Asterix and the Magic Cauldron back in C64 times and all I felt, was joy. Just pure joy. It finally had strated properly… Even the Datassette 1530 remained almost untouched (few bangs here and there, doesn’t count).

I’ve yet to find any bad review that couldn’t be translated into “that game is boring because you have to think and you don’t shoot people, forget it I’m going back on counterstrike”.
Some big gaming website gave very bad rating to Scratches, the reviewer even said that the game is ugly, but he’s just a good example of that.

Scratches is a walking, talking example of why most developers have either long since given up on adventure games, or have committed themselves to twisting the genre into new and more relevant shapes.
[url=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/scratches/review.html]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/sc ... eview.html[/url]]

Wow, this seems like it took you reaaaaaally long…Someone’s got too much of free time :stuck_out_tongue: (j/k)

Great job Areala - this will save all those who tried to commit suicide when not being able to complete the game :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="“andisthejackass”"]Wow, this seems like it took you reaaaaaally long…Someone’s got too much of free time :stuck_out_tongue: (j/k)

Great job Areala - this will save all those who tried to commit suicide when not being able to complete the game :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]
Oh, I didn’t write the FAQ. The Let’s Play Archive is made up of contributions saved from the “Let’s Play!” thread at the SomethingAwful forums. I just stumbled across the link and posted it here. To be clear: I had nothing at all to do with the actual creation of it. I’m just shining the light on it so others can see it. :slight_smile:

huggles
Areala

In that case, I take back every flattering word I said ! ( :stuck_out_tongue: )